A traumatic brain injury is one of the most serious, debilitating, and life-changing injuries you can receive. The cause of the injury may be a slip and fall accident, drowning, auto accident, pedestrian accident, construction site accident, etc. Although some accidents are not life-threatening, they may still have a severe impact on your quality of life by affecting your physical and cognitive abilities. These injuries can significantly impact your economic stability. If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to receive compensation. Call Attorney Michael P. D’Amico, Connecticut’s most compassionate personal injury attorney, for an initial no fee consultation to discuss your case.
Filing a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim
To file a traumatic brain injury claim, your attorney must prove:
- Causation: The victim must prove the defendant’s negligence was responsible for the injury.
- Duty of Care: Every individual has a legal obligation to exercise a reasonable level of care toward others. For example, a driver has a reasonable duty of care to drive safely to prevent accidents.
- Breach of Duty of Care: Negligence means that someone has breached their duty of care to others.
- Damages: A victim may file a traumatic brain injury claim if they can prove that the injury resulted in severe economic and non-economic damages.
- At-Work Accidents: If a worker suffers a traumatic brain injury at work, they may be eligible for compensation.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Traumatic brain injury lawsuits can involve more than one vehicle driver.
Traumatic Brain Injury Compensation
D’Amico Law LLC can help you receive compensation for:
Current and Future Medical Expenses: This involves diagnostic, treatment, follow-up treatment, rehabilitation, hospitalization, and occupational therapy.
Pain and Suffering: Traumatic brain injuries can cause lasting physical and emotional suffering.
Loss of Enjoyment: An experienced personal injury attorney can help you receive compensation for your inability to participate in the activities you enjoyed before being injured.
Lost Wages: If the traumatic brain injury caused you to lose your employment or has prevented you from doing the same type of work you did before the injury, you may be eligible to receive compensation. Attorney Michael D’Amico will fight for your right to receive compensation for current and future lost wages.
Wrongful Death: A traumatic brain injury can prove fatal. If this occurs, the victim’s family may file a wrongful death lawsuit to pursue punitive damages and compensation for financial losses resulting from their loved one’s death. The victim’s family may also file a lawsuit for their loss of companionship and emotional pain and suffering resulting from the death.
For justice and the maximum compensation available in a traumatic brain injury claim, contact Attorney Michael P. D’Amico at 203-824-2969 to discuss your case. He will fight for your rights.
Contact us today for a free consultation and our experts will help you.
Mon – Fri: 09:00 -17:00
We're here to help you
Call Us Now! 203-824-2969
and make an appointment with one of our legal experts.